When sale shopping it's very easy to be tempted by big discounts, but will you actually wear it?
We like to follow these simple rules to ensure that huge saving is in fact that, and not a waste of money and wardrobe space.
1. MASTERPIECES ONLY - buy something that you'll love every time you wear it, don't buy it just because it's cheap. It's a total waste of money.
2. INVEST - choose well made items that will stand the test of time.
3. GO DESIGNER - a couple of drab high street pieces will add up to the same amount as that fabulous piece you've been admiring, treat yourself.
4. ALTER - don't be afraid to go to the tailors. If the fit is nearly perfect but not quite the chances are a good tailor can sort that for you. We're not talking buying 3 sizes too small but if the hems need taking up or the waist needs a little nip, if the piece is worth it, it can be done.
5. AVOID THE CROWDS - shop online, in your lounge-wear, at 11pm. There's nothing worse than frantic shops. You can easily return anything you don't want, don't put yourself through that!